Having a great Yelp! page can make the difference between patients selecting your medical practice or choosing another practice. Check out the examples below and our 5 tips for making making your Yelp page great!
Which medical practice would you rather visit from the examples below?
A Bad Yelp Page
A Good Yelp Page
Five Tips Your Medical Practice Yelp Page
- Claim Your Listing – First and foremost, claim your Yelp listing if you haven’t already. This gives you more the best control over what information is listed on your page and more control over photos. To claim your Yelp listing, navigate to your Yelp page and click on the “Claim this business” link.
- Properly Formatted Photos – Be sure to add photos of your medical practice to make it more inviting for your new patients. These can be of your staff, your office or something even office amenities. Be sure to properly format your photos to fit within Yelp’s format.
- Engaging Content – Yelp allows you to add information about your medical practice or physicians so take advantage of this. Not only is this information helpful to new patients, it also helps your medical practice be found on search engines like Google, Bing and Yahoo!. Be sure to include information about your services, history, patient care philosophy, rewards and recognition and other pertinent information.
- Respond to Reviews – By claiming your Yelp account, you will be able to respond to reviews left on your profile. It’s very important to respond to online reviews so that patients know that you listen to concerns and feedback. Responding to a review is not a HIPAA violation but do not share PHI. Bonus – By claiming your Yelp listing, you will receive alerts whenever someone leaves a review.
- Claim multiple listings – In many cases, your medical practice will have more than one Yelp listing so be sure to claim each listing. For example if your medical practice is called Quick Medical and a Dr. Payne and Dr. Smith work in the practice, you will most likely have 3 Yelp listings. Claim them all!
If you need any assistance, Reputation Health can take care of claiming all of your online listings including Yelp, Google Plus, Vitals, Healthgrades, Facebook and more. Just contact us for more information